When we clean the house, we can sometimes forget about certain places or objects that we think are clean only because of their type of use; this can be the case with the washing machine, which, being in constant contact with soap and water, is thought to have no need to clean it. In reality, the washing machine is an appliance that requires a lot of attention, precisely because it is always in contact with water and dirty laundry that can accelerate the proliferation of bacteria, mold and mildew. That’s why today we’re going to reveal a trick for cleaning and eliminating washing machine odor.
Thanks to moisture and dirt residue, our washing machine can harbor fungi, bacteria and a lot of dirt that can give rise to the appearance of a bad odor, poor appliance functionality, skin infections or allergies. All this can be solved with a simple ingredient that you most likely already have in your bathroom precisely mouthwash.
Mouthwash in the washing machine, that’s the laundry secret: few people know it!
Mouthwash is perfect for disinfecting your washing machine because of its antiseptic properties that destroy germs that cause allergies, infections, and bad odors. It also eliminates microbes that build up on your clothes and can be dangerous to your skin and general health. All you will need is half a glass of mouthwash of your choice.
- Pour the half glass of mouthwash into the empty washing machine.
- If you have an assigned tray for soap, put it in there and run the washing machine for a short wash.
- The mouthwash will help disinfect and remove odors from the washing machine.
- You can start a new cycle with your clothes without worrying about stains or fading colors.
- Run this remedy every 15 days or at least once a month to keep your washing machine disinfected and running at its best.
In addition, if you want you can also pour half a glass of mouthwash when doing laundry in the wash, especially for those damp and foul-smelling clothes. The mouthwash refreshes the clothes and also helps to eliminate any bad smell whether it comes from the clothes or the washing machine. With this trick, the laundry will be super fresh and also smell great.