The present article will provide you with all the steps to follow to ensure a safe cleaning for your fryer.
Do you wish to clean the fryer easily and safely? The deep fryer is a very useful small appliance for cooking light and crispy fried foods. French fries, chicken and all breaded recipes will be even more delicious when prepared with a deep fryer.
There are fryers suitable for home use and others that are industrial, that is, those used in restaurants and bars. But this useful household appliance has a big problem: cleaning it is not easy as it accumulates a lot of grease.
However, we certainly cannot avoid cleaning the deep fryer regularly, not only to keep it running and increase its useful life, but also to protect our health. Discover 4 methods that will be of great help.
Simple solutions for cleaning the fryer
Wash the fryer basket.
The fryer basket is one of the easiest parts to wash because it can be taken out easily and, in most cases, can also be washed in the dishwasher.
- You can use warm water and dishwashing detergent to wash this accessory. We recommend using a dishcloth or brush to remove all the grease adhering to the grill.
- If the basket is very dirty, you can soak it for a few hours in a bowl of boiling water and a degreasing soap. When the grease dissolves, you will be able to clean it easily.
Wash the inside of the fryer
There is a very easy trick for cleaning the inside of the fryer.
- Use a plastic spatula to remove all the accumulated grease. This way, you will not ruin the interior and it will be easier to clean it.
- The second step will be to wash the interior. There are several options for doing this. One of them is to fill it with water and degreaser. You have to fill the fryer up to where it is normally filled with oil and then turn it on, to boil it for a few minutes.
- Another option is to boil water with soap in a pot and then transfer it to the fryer. In either case, you need to let the water sit for up to an hour so that the fat will come off well.
- Once the specified time has elapsed, you can remove the water and refill the fryer with clean, degreasing water.
- Then, clean it with a brush to remove any dirt that may have remained and rinse it by filling it one last time with water. Finally, remove all the water and dry it well with a clean cloth.
Vinegar and baking soda: two great allies for cleaning the fryer
- Vinegar is a great ally for cleaning the fryer. The process is very simple. Fill the fryer with a cup of vinegar and water, then cover with the lid and turn on the fryer until it comes to a boil. Let it boil for about 10 minutes or a little longer if it is very dirty.
Afterwards, remove the water and wipe off the grease with the help of a clean, soft cloth. Finally, rinse with plenty of water and dry well with a cloth.
Baking soda also works perfectly to remove grease from the inside of the fryer. For this purpose, you must prepare a paste by mixing baking soda and water to apply to the heavily soiled areas. Scrub with a soft brush, and finally, rinse with water and dry with a clean dishcloth.
How to clean the outside of the fryer
A sponge, warm water and dishwashing detergent or mild degreaser can be used to clean the outside of the fryer. However, it is very important to read the manufacturer’s instructions because every fryer is different.
Some parts, in fact, can get wet, but others cannot, so it is critical to identify them before cleaning the outside. When cleaning appliances, safety is extremely important.
If the exterior is very dirty, use a more powerful degreaser, such as the one used to clean the oven. But always check the instructions first.
By cleaning the fryer on a regular basis, removing grease will be easier and your appliance will last much longer.